Introduction in regards to the craziness of this season. Mention of how a rival with an inferior record beats an unbeaten and resurgent rival. Jonathan Crompton joke. Oh hey, next week has a real big game yeah?
Line break to artificially pad post size.
7. Notre Dame has returmed to being a legitimate heel team. Not in the multiple championships sort of way. But in the oversell for an undertalented team and only find a way to win via hitting a nutshot sort of way. Kyle McCarthy saved the game by destroying D'Andre Goodman Chuck Cecil-style. Washington deserved better.
6. That being said? Golden Tate is going to be a stud professional receiver. Great pros straddle the line between insufferable and awesome. Golden Tate is already there.
5. Why didn't anybody tell us that Houston can't stop the run? It's not as if they had an inexperienced defensive line that was like 91st in rush defense last season. Oh. Yeah. They did. Donald Buckram looked like Barry Sanders tonight.
An aside: I would still bless the Case Keenum as Heisman candidate meme. This loss was in no way his fault.
Aside Number 2: BYU will never...EEEEEEEVER...be mentioned as a national championship contender A-GAIN.
4. There will be no legitimate case for a BCS buster this year. I'm calling Boise State losing to Tulsa. And TCU is going to lose.
3. Iowa and Wisconsin may be the marquee match-up of the Big 10 conference. I mean, if Wisconsin can win the checkers game versus Ohio State and if Iowa can have the greatest hot start in history.
2. There is a ridiculous amount of unbeaten and unranked big schools. Three teams are 5-0 and unranked. One isn't going to make the top 25.
1. Who's leading the MAC East? Temple. My call of them being this year's Buffalo is back!