Monday, July 20, 2009

I'll be honest...

I'm someone who doesn't have the easiest blog to get into. Apparently, you have to read at a seventh grade level to get what I write. And you know what? I like it like that. You must be this smart to ride the ride.

It makes me feel better. It should make you feel better as well. You read something here that's not picture-centric, it instantly bestows upon you a level above and beyond a low brow moron. I'm a touch of class, baby.

That being said? We need sportswriters with a touch of class. In the old school, we had sportswriters who knew how to craft a narrative. You could see a hero find his way against a villain. It gave these games stakes. It gave these stories stakes.

But since Joe Buck decided he was going to get outraged over Randy Moss' fake trou drop? Sports has found it's way into villifying idiots. Not for nothing, and not to name names, but when you live in a world where you have athletes who will consider the death of Michael Jackson as a worse tragedy than 9/11? Something's gone wrong.

We need villains. We need smart villains. We need villains who behave cowardly. We need more players to embrace their inner bastard. In fact, I'm going to make another post. Maybe later, maybe tomorrow. Someone needs one more act to complete his heel turn.

Color yourself teased.

No comments: