Monday, July 27, 2009

Comic-Con Winners!

So you know what? I like comics. I also like movies. So when the powers of comics and movies combine, I switch my purview from sports to Nerd Proms not involving politics. And with San Diego Comic-Con? We're all winners.

Some winners were just more winner. We discuss them here.

Avatar

This is the reason why James Cameron's taken the better part of a decade off. And from the looks of it? It's going to be awesome. And probably the only the only thing that's going to be worth a damn in 3-D from here on out.

Iron Man 2

Because the first one was awesome. You have Robert Downey as the perfect fit for Tony Stark. You have Jon Favreau as the best mixture of style and substance in direction. Zack Snyder wishes he fly like that. Also...



This could be a very interesting movie. Very interesting.

The Book of Eli

Denzel Washington brings a swagger to any proceedings, and these are people who have a tendency to be the creepy guy hiding in the background. So, he did well. Even if one of the Hughes brothers said "This movie is for people who like graphic novels as well as comic books." Also, a postapocalyptic vision of the future. With Gary Oldman in the role of a lifetime. So yay.

And to a similar extent? Josh Brolin promises to make for a kick ass Jonah Hex.

Attack of the Show

Word on the street was that their panel was legendary. And that always does well. The show that they did for comic-con was also well recieved from the nerd community, for two reasons.



I mean after I punch myself in the balls for that statement, I just have to say that that costume is a wonder of structural engineering. And that's solely the reason why I posted this picture. And this one.



Yep. I did it. I did it and I'm proud. I'm like the security guard on the left in text form.

Now to shake my head and slowly back away from it.

No comments: