Sunday, July 5, 2009

Off all the tragedy in the past 10 days?

Steve McNair's is the one that affects me the most.

I never met the man, but I respected everything he did on the field. He played with ridiculous amounts of pain. He subjugated his talents (which were immense) to fit whatever it was that the team needed, and while he wasn't as publicly emotional like some other quarterbacks who played the game, McNair had that lust for the game.

I know that the events are still coming out. And they lean towards an athlete being less God than man. It's a sad thing. You want to celebrate the person for what they did. But if these reports are true.

It tarnishes the legacy. I mean, at the very least, it looks like an affair.

But you know what, time's short. And nobody deserves to go out like that.

My thoughts are jumbled. It's 4 a.m. I'll sleep and see if this needs rephrasing.

No comments: