Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Okay. I'll say it.

Brewers aren't making the playoffs this year.

I'm going to give you a second to recover. It's as bad of news as the Abraham Washington Show. But here's the thing. Why aren't the Brewers trying to see if they can't get a prospect for their two free agents to be?

Yeah, I'm not saying there's a 5-star prospect coming back. Doesn't have to be. The Brewers could probably take two upper-level arms of a decent vointage and an A-ball prospect with upside for Mike Cameron and Felipe Lopez. Or two if a team interested in a second baseman (looking at you Atlanta) would be so inclined.

Now I'm glad they're willing to trade Bill Hall. And I'm glad somebody seems inclined to take him. But they have pieces. Pieces that bring value back. And this value would be likely better than some lame draft choice.

Dude. Later.

No comments: