Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Remember when I said that when I don't write on the ol' Blog...

...I'm still writing?

Usually, I'm writing something in the form of a screenplay. I have made all of the rookiest of rookie shit mistakes. I took a screenwriting break as I fell in love with the bloggersphere. But, as it's one of the few things that I can do with any real discipline, I keep coming back to it.

That's why the news today was so shocking.

There are so many books on screenwriting. Few were so helpful as Save the Cat. It is about as smart as Robert McKee's story with infinite the amount of the readability. It helped me get back into screenwriting after I crashed as well as burned so spectacularly. Blake Snyder wrote a bible for the screenwriter.

And he passed away yesterday. He was able to make the bad screenwriter mediocre and the mediocre screenwriter good. It's not the most famous legacy, but he's helped me out. I can't hate on that.

Thanks, Blake. Rest in piece.

No comments: