Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Green Bay Packers Select...Marshall Newhouse (OG-TCU)

There's a theme that develops in all of Ted's drafts. Some are inexplicable. Some are straitlaced and common sense. This year? It's a draft that could run the table of awesome or be as bad as 2004. It's another pick of a guy with spectacular athletic gifts who needs work on his technique.

Again, while he's ignoring an obvious need, Marshall Newhouse's physical gifts are undeniable. He has good strength, and as a 326 pound man, he got clocked at 4.99 with his 40 yard dash. But, you remember last year when the Packers drafted Jamon Meredith? Newhouse is quite a bit more raw.

He's a guy who vibes practice squad for me. Just being honest. Won't hate it. If lightning strikes and all. But my gut says he's not going to be on the 53 Man roster come September.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are selling that young man short. I am certain he will prove you wrong.

Andrew said...

I'd love it if he did.

Anonymous said...

he's my family i no he can make it becuase he is well equiped physically & mentally therefore he will go all out 24'7 no matter wut plus he has the great robert newhouse & his father 2 back him up if the wisdom is needed. after all he has made it this far & ive always known he would back when he 1st started playing

Andrew said...

Mr or Mrs. Relative. I will make you a promise. If he finds his way into an important role on this team. I will be thrilled and eat crow happily. And I will mention it on the blog.

I know he's better than 99.5% of the football players out there. And if he gets his technique down? I agree. He'll force his way into a starting spot.

And if you're right. It makes my team better. That's all that matters, right?