The world will be shocked. Surprise lives here. I am going to go out on a limb and say something that can look really stupid. But it won't. I hope. Take a gulp and join me.
1. Florida (Yes. How many teams have four starters that seem healthy right now and shown a broad base of skills? A stiff like Mark Hendrickson is going to be nowhere near the rotation. And they will have a closer that won't get hurt. Yay injury luck! Also? Cameron Maybin.)
2. New York Mets (But here's the twist. They won't be leading on September 1st. The race will be close, they just won't have the horses in the rotation. And the farm system can't get them a stud in July. That being said? They actually will make the playoffs.)
3. Philadelphia (Like the Cubs? There's some real injury risks in the rotation. The team is very similar to last year, but bad luck will poke holes in their season. 85-77 lives here.)
4. Atlanta (This is a team, that if it stays perfectly healthy? It can contend. The issue is that they have Chipper Jones, and the end of a bullpen in an open relationship with the disabled list. Thus they won't.)
5. Washington (Meh. I want to see Dimitri Young, Lastings Milledge, and Elijah Dukes go on a series of wacky adventures more than play baseball. They could help Camp Minnehaha beat the rich kids camp because their science too tight. It would be worth more than 72 wins.)