Thursday, September 11, 2008

I am not a pessimist...

At least, I try not to be. Even though the American people are kind of scaring me right now, I don't think we're gonna have a need to roll out to Canada. But I do scare. I do scare easily.

That's why I took up blogging, I did not like to get out of my parent's basement! Folks!

Anyway, with 16 games left and three with the Phillies. The Wild Card is far from decided. And Mike Lamb's veteran influence cannot fix tired arms. There is trouble in Beer City.

And I'm scared that my team will have dealt for Sabathia and miss. But there's a bright shining light with what would happen if the Brewers miss the playoffs. I don't want it to happen. Don't get me wrong.

I just want to feel better about life if they miss.

1) Ned Gets Fired.

And I'm not just talking about in the hopes and dreams of a conservative blogger. If Ned falls from ahead yet again? He's toast. And for all of us who have hated Ned? That would be a big deal. Ted Simmons as manager would be freaking sweet. If you don't know who that is?

Just trust me. He's forgotten more about baseball than I know.

2) The Player to be Named Later of Damocles.

You want the craziest thing you might not know. If the Brewers miss the playoffs, the Indians have to take the prospect choice of the Brewers. Now, I'm sure that they aren't going to take the 17 year-old from the Dominican Summer League. But I'm sure a mediocre first baseman with injury prone behavoirs would be much better than Taylor Green or Michael Brantley.

3) John Smoltz as a free agent signing?

Maybe.

I'll come with more later. Tomorrow you will get nothing and like it.

No comments: