Sunday, March 29, 2009

You Know What?

I'm an idiot.

I know, big shock there.

But let's be honest. I should have known Pittsburgh was going to lose. Pittsburgh has strengths. Plenty of them. They underperformed as a #1 seed, but they've had opponents who refuse to go out like that. But here's the thing.

Villanova has no weaknesses. They are an experienced team with an excellent balance. Threes? Nova can do it. Rebounding? Nova can do it. Coaching? Jay Wright's got a fearless swagger.

And Jaime Dixon? He always has good teams. He just hasn't been able to take the next step. He's like Bob Huggins, but with charm.

Alas. I bet against a team with experience and balance for a team with a coach who isn't there yet.

Ah well, if you read the blog, you know my bracket was dead anyway.

No comments: