Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hope can be a really funny thing sometimes...

I mean, comedic in both its depth and breadth. Like take Yovani Gallardo. The phenom pitcher for the Brewers who has been shunted to the background. Well, somebody had to vault a sliding baserunner.

One torn ACL later? And your Milwaukee Brewers were dead. D-e-a-d dead. There was wailing and gnashing of teeth in regards to the Brewers situation, and Arch-Conservative bloggers were up in the business of firing Ned Yost. But as the old chestnut goes? Baseball is a long season.

I just thought it wouldn't be this long...

"I would like to pitch before the end of the year," Gallardo told me tonight. "That's what I'm shooting for. If I'm not ready, it's not worth taking the risk. But everything's going good."

An ACL Tear in May and back by September? He's trying to Rod Woodson his shit! Awesome!

No comments: